Hormone Pellet Therapy
What is pellet therapy?
Pellet therapy uses hormones delivered from natural plant sources to replicate the body's normal hormone levels.
Unlike typical oral and transdermal forms of therapy, which produce "roller coaster" hormone levels resulting in mood and energy fluctuations for the patient, pellet therapy, as administered by the doctor, is the only method of hormone therapy that provides sustained hormone levels throughout the day, for up to 6 months, without any "roller coaster" effect.
Pellet therapy is ideal for patients wanting the benefits of a natural hormone without the drawbacks of a synthetic, because the hormones are completely natural.
What are pellets?
Pellets contain a natural plant source of estrogen and testosterone. The estrogen or testosterone utilized in the pellets is compounded by hand and formed into a pellet shape.
These pellets, which are smaller than a grain of rice, are then placed in the fatty tissue underneath the skin and act as if an ovary or testicle is present. The implantation procedure is easily performed in the office.
Pellet therapy for women
- Keeps the estradiol to estrone rate at 2:1
- Steady rate of hormones - no roller coaster effect
- NO weight gain!
- Best method to increase bone density - up to 8.3% per year
- Implanted subdermally every 4-6 months
- Assist in reducing menstrual migranes
- Helps with mental clarity
- Improved energy and muscle mass
- Eliminates mood swings, anxiety, irritability, and headaches